I recently wanted to drop some old projects from my Visual Studio Online (www.visualstudio.com) account but having not needed to before, didn’t realise that it was quite simple and I should have realised having used TFS before.
Let me give you a step-by-step guide for getting rid of those old projects!
- Login to your “name.visualstudio.com” website. Simple enough.
- Click on the settings cog in the top bar, it looks like this:
- Now, click on the “View the collection administration page” option in the control panel. It should look like this:
- You’ll now have a list of your projects with their names and descriptions in a list. If you haven’t, go back and follow the steps as this should be right. This list will look like this:
- If you hover your cursor slightly to the left of the project name column, an arrow should pop-up. Click on that and you can delete your projects from there. Here is an example:
There you have it. You can now learn from my mistake and not spend an hour or so looking for how to delete your projects!